COCAWEU is Children Rights Protection ngo which works to ensure that children are allowed to live safe and stable lives, free from all acts of abuse and violence. Our child rights protection program recognizes and ensures protection of children rights as an essential step towards ensuring human rights for all
A Safe Childhood is a human right, however in so many parts of Uganda, children are denied their human rights.They miss out on their right to education,
- They are abandoned and left to fend for themselves on the street.
- They are recruited into armed forces.
- They are subjected to death penalties, are disappeared, are punished by cruel and inhumane methods and suffer many other forms of violence.
we are children rights protection ngo which believes that as human beings, children evidently have a certain moral status. There are things that should not be done to them for the simple reason that they are human. At the same time children are different from adult human beings and it seems reasonable to think that there are things children may not do that adults are permitted to do.
In the majority of jurisdictions, for instance, children are not allowed to vote, to marry, to buy alcohol, to have sex, or to engage in paid employment. What makes children a special case for philosophical consideration is this combination of their humanity and their youth, or, more exactly, what is thought to be associated with their youth.
The principle of the superior interest of the child has the goal of promoting and garanteeing the well being of all children,on several aspects :
- Physical well being : ensuring good health and proper development of the child.
- Mental well being : providing the child the opportunity to develop intellectually.
- Social well being : ensuring to the child the opportunity to flourish socially and spiritually.